Nurse Bank is a leading nursing and healthcare recruitment agency. We work in partnership with both public and private hospitals, as well as in semi-acute facilities, paediatric homecare, residential services and practice nursing. The recruitment team is always on call to help you find your perfect job and is staffed by highly experienced and professional nursing recruitment consultants. Nurse Bank's emphasis is at all times on the sourcing of high-quality nursing vacancies across Ireland and connecting qualified nurses with the best available jobs.
On behalf of our client, we are actively recruiting for a Person in Charge to join a care of the elderly facility in Roscommon.
Role Summary: The Person in Charge is responsible to direct and coordinate the management of the nursing home, establish and maintain a standard of residential care and activities in accordance with the best national and international practices and within available resources. Coordinate the management of all staff in establishing and maintaining the standard as set out by Sonas and Statutory Regulations. Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality.
Reports to: Nursing Home Coordinator or delegated person.
Duties & Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Undertake the role and responsibilities of the Person in Charge in line with the Health Act 2007, related regulations and HIQA National Quality Standards.
- Oversee the organisation, management and operations of all aspects of the Nursing Home in coordination with the Registered Provider.
- Provide leadership and clinical supervision to all staff thus improving standards and maintaining a high morale amongst the team.
- Use leadership styles that have a positive impact on staff morale and the Nursing Home environment.
- Establish and maintain through high standards of professional practice, a caring environment which is conducive to the physical, emotional, social and spiritual individual needs of the residents.
- Contribute to the safeguarding of residents, taking steps to protect residents from any form of abuse or neglect and use the appropriate reporting mechanisms to inform the relevant parties of any concerns.
- Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality.
- Promote, encourage and practice the ethos of person-centred care.
- Must be available to work night and weekend shifts as required.
Education & Qualifications
- Third Level Degree in Nursing.
- Registered with An Bord Altranais and hold an active PIN.
- Current and valid Infection Control, Manual and Resident Moving & Handling, Medication Management, CPR, Dementia, Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Certificates (training can be provided if required).
- Post-registration qualification in healthcare management or equivalent is essential. In the absence of such a qualification, the appointee will be required to undertake such training.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum three years’ previous work experience in a management capacity is essential.
- Minimum three years’ experience in the area of nursing of older people within the last six years’.
- Minimum six years’ post-registration nursing experience.
- Proven clinical competence and passionate about delivering outstanding care to older people.
Full Irish Driver’s License and access to own transport is essential
Post-registration qualification in Gerontology or Dementia Care is desirable.
Take the first step - contact Shannon at Nurse Bank today on 086 228 4001 or email@example.com
Visit www.nursebank.ie for our latest live jobs.
Our clients are spread across the island of Ireland - we are confident that we can match your requirements around a new post or locum work to a location and organisation that meets all of your criteria. We also offer a comprehensive package of relocation supports if required and have a rewarding Referral Scheme to demonstrate our appreciation to nurses that both find employment with us or refer a colleague to us
Our clients are spread across the island of Ireland - we are confident that we can match your requirements around a new post or locum work to a location and organisation that meets all of your criteria. We also offer a comprehensive package of relocation supports if required and have a rewarding Referral Scheme to demonstrate our appreciation to nurses that both find employment with us or refer a colleague to us.