Nurse Bank is a leading nursing and healthcare recruitment agency. We work in partnership with both public and private hospitals, as well as in semi-acute facilities, paediatric homecare, residential services and practice nursing. The recruitment team is always on call to help you find your perfect job and is staffed by highly experienced and professional nursing recruitment consultants. Nurse Bank’s emphasis is at all times on the sourcing of high-quality nursing vacancies across Ireland and connecting qualified nurses with the best available jobs.
On behalf of our client, we are actively seeking applications for a Director of Nursing in Oranmore, Galway.
- Registered on the Live Register in the General Division of the Register of Nurses as maintained by the NMBI.
- Elderly Care Qualification
- Management Qualification
- Masters level Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years elderly care experience, which should be at management level.
- Knowledge of the Nursing Home Industry
- Have a full understanding of the National Standards for Residential Care Settings for Older People
- Have wide general nursing experience and proven leadership qualities.
- Have experience/ qualification in /Gerontology.
- Evidence of consistent updating of clinical skills and knowledge
- Demonstrable coaching & development skills within clinical practice
- Competent and confident IT skills
- Has worked with or has a knowledge of caring for people with dementia.
- Lead and motivate staff
- Keeps abreast of and anticipates staffing needs within departments
- Enjoys working within a team
- Clarifies individual roles, responsibilities and accountabilities
- Embraces organisational change and initiatives
- Convincingly communicates benefits of change to others
- Shows strong initiative; can work outside of standard protocol when necessary
- Able to bring new ideas/initiative tofruition
Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Able toact quicklyto address urgent matters
- Demonstrates lateral thinking to generate non-obvious solutions to problems
- Grasps how all decisions (both big and small) might affect others.
- Contribution to the effective management of the company’s resources (hours : dependency : occupancy)
Planning & Organising
- Ensures most effective allocation and use of resources
- Anticipates problems and issues and takes preventative action to address these
- Can multi-task, without losing focus
- Manages competing and changingpriorities
- Demonstrate strong communications and influencing skills
- Draws on a variety of communication methods to fit the situation/circumstance
- Listens openly, using questions to check for understanding/avoid misinterpretation
Take the first step - contact Shannon at Nurse Bank today on 086 228 4001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit www.nursebank.ie for our latest live jobs.
Our clients are spread across the island of Ireland - we are confident that we can match your requirements around a new post or locum work to a location and organisation that meets all of your criteria. We also offer a comprehensive package of relocation supports if required and have a rewarding Referral Scheme to demonstrate our appreciation to nurses that both find employment with us or refer a colleague to us.