On Behalf of our client we are currently seeking a Director of Nursing in Co.Mayo.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Registered on the Live Register in the General Division of the Register of Nurses as maintained by the NMBI.
- Elderly Care Qualification
- Management Qualification
- Masters level Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years elderly care experience, which should be at management level.
- Knowledge of the Nursing Home Industry
- Have a full understanding of the National Standards for Residential Care Settings for Older People
- Have wide general nursing experience and proven leadership qualities.
- Have experience/ qualification in /Gerontology.
- Evidence of consistent updating of clinical skills and knowledge
- Demonstrable coaching & development skills within clinical practice
- Competent and confident IT skills
- Has worked with or has a knowledge of caring for people with dementia.
- Lead and motivate staff
- Keeps abreast of and anticipates staffing needs within departments
- Enjoys working within a team
- Clarifies individual roles, responsibilities and accountabilities
- Embraces organisational change and initiatives
- Convincingly communicates benefits of change to others
- Shows strong initiative; can work outside of standard protocol when necessary
- Able to bring new ideas/initiative to fruition
Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Able to act quickly to address urgent matters
- Demonstrates lateral thinking to generate non-obvious solutions to problems
- Grasps how all decisions (both big and small) might affect others.
- Contribution to the effective management of the company's resources (hours : dependency : occupancy)
Planning & Organising
- Ensures most effective allocation and use of resources
- Anticipates problems and issues and takes preventative action to address these
- Can multi-task, without losing focus
- Manages competing and changing priorities
- Demonstrate strong communications and influencing skills
- Draws on a variety of communication methods to fit the situation/circumstance
- Listens openly, using questions to check for understanding/avoid misinterpretation
If this is of interest to you or if you wish to apply for the role, please contactPoppy on 086-2284001 or email email@example.com
About Nurse Bank
Nurse Bank is a leading nursing and healthcare recruitment firm and is a division of AGC Healthcare. Nurse Bank works in partnership with Ireland's top healthcare organisations and assist both Irish based and international nurses seeking access the best available career and training opportunities in Ireland. Our clients are spread across the island of Ireland - we are confident that we can match your requirements around a new post or locum work to a location and organisation that meets all of your criteria. We also offer a comprehensive package of relocation supports if required and have a rewarding Referral Scheme to demonstrate our appreciation to nurses that both find employment with us or refer a colleague to us.