On behalf of our client, we require a Clinical Nurse Manager to join their prestigious Care of the Elderly setting in Co. Limerick. Our client is committed to providing the highest standard of care to all their patients.
The Clinical Nurse Manager will:
- Manage patient care to ensure the highest professional standards using an evidence based, care planning approach.
- Provide a high level of professional and clinical leadership.
- Be responsible for the co-ordination, assessment, planning, delivery and review of service user care by all staff in designated area(s).
- Provide safe, comprehensive nursing care to service users according to the Code of Professional Conduct as laid down by the Bord Altranais agus Cn imhseachais na h ireann (Nursing Midwifery Board Ireland) and Professional Clinical Guidelines.
- Participate in teams / meetings / committees as appropriate, communicating and working in co-operation with other team members.
- Facilitate co-ordination, co-operation and liaison across healthcare teams and programmes.
- Collaborate with service users, family, carers and other staff in treatment / care planning and in the provision of support and advice.
- Communicate verbally and / or in writing results of assessments, treatment / care programmes and recommendations to the team and relevant others in accordance with service policy.
- Maintain nursing records in accordance with local service and professional standards.
- Adhere to and contribute to the development and maintenance of nursing standards, protocols and guidelines consistent with the highest standards of patient care.
- Evaluate and manage the implementation of best practice policy and procedures, e.g. admission and discharge procedures, control and usage of stocks and equipment, grievance and disciplinary procedures.
- Be registered in the General Division of the Register of Nurses maintained by Bord Altranais agus Cn imhseachais na h ireann (Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland) or be entitled to be so registered
- Have at least 5 years post registration experience of which 2 must be in the speciality or related area of acute medical nursing
- Have the clinical, managerial and administrative capacity to properly discharge the functions of the role
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Fo Further details, please contact Poppy Smullen on 086-2284001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org